Are you ready to redesign your workspace, or just looking for a few ideas to adjust your current computer environment? Check out this list of suggestions that will help support your back, neck and shoulders and reduce muscle strain during the workday.
1. Raise the top of your computer monitor to eye level or even slightly higher.
2. Be sure both your monitor and keyboard are centered in front of you.
3. Reduce any glare on the computer screen.
4. Tilt your keyboard slightly toward your body, this will support your wrists and hands.
5. Keep your wrists flat and straight, and your arms and elbows tucked in close to the body with support if possible.
6. Move around and change your posture often.
7. Work with upright posture from head to base of spine.
8. Take frequent, short breaks.
9. Rest your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest, avoid crossing your legs.
Let us know your own tips for avoiding workplace fatigue! Do you do stretches during your lunch break, or use a monitor stand to place your computer at the proper height?