When setting up your workstation keep in mind these main principles of ergonomics:
1. Work in neutral postures. Meaning, maintain the natural S-curve of your back and be sure your arms are in a resting position at your side.
2. Reduce excessive forces.
3. Keep everything you need within an easy reach.
4. Work at proper heights.
5. Reduce excessive motions.
6. Minimize static load. This means, try to keep moving as much as possible and avoid doing the same task in the same position for too long. By working muscles differently you will reduce fatigue.
7. Minimize pressure points.
8. Provide clearance.
9. Move, exercise and stretch.
10. Maintain a comfortable environment.
11. Make displays and controls understandable.
12. Reduce stress.